Sunday, April 20, 2008

the beginning

Well here I am. Telling my deepest secrets and life story on the internet. Where do I start? I guess in this first post I will give some sort of an abstract and then go more into depth in the following post.

I'm 22 years old, actually my birthday was just recently. In these short 22 years I feel like I've lived an average persons lifetime. Yet I know that I still have so far to go. Well I guess it started at birth and I say that because like a lot of children growing up in depressed areas I never knew my father (only child). Never even seen a picture, don't even really know his last name.

I grew up in the ghetto and as most of my peers I was an absolute product of my environment (at least at first). Began doing and selling drugs at a really young age, sexually active before I even hit puberty. Along with the crime of my youth I got into credit card fraud of sorts and was scamming hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from internet retailers.

Bought a brand new cadillac for my first car when I was 16 and paid for it cash. The same car that I accidently hit a kid with. Shortly there after when I was 17 I got arrested hit with a shit load of charges and put in jail. Which honestly has probably been one of the greatest turning points in my life.

I say all this not to boast about illegal activities or about how dumb I was but instead to help people learn about a side of life that they might have no idea about. This is just the beginning of this blog and my life. There's so much more to my story that I'll continue to go in depth about but the point is I've come soooo far from that place.

I've faced insurmountable odds and have overcome them. To me in the middle of what would seem like a horrible story of misery and pain is perhaps a beautiful story of facing adversities. Overcoming the life and people that are issued to us and becoming adults so that we may make better decisions than those of our parents. True personal growth is what I'm talking about. I'll post again shortly, thank you for reading.

2 comments:

Liquid said...

Welcome to Bloggerita-ville!
I'll keep checking on ya!

Don Redman said...

red & gray? terrible choice for a color scheme. You need contrast to help your readers see the text.

Just a bit of advice